1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP concern????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jake23rc, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

I have a brand new Western 8 6 MVP it seems to be running very slow. When moving to scoop or retract the right side is always slower. I have taken it to the dealer and they are telling me it is the fluid taking the path of least resistance. I have a 7 6 MVP on my other truck and never had any problems. It runs way faster. Is the dealer right???? Or does the size of the plow slow it down????? Any help would be great. :confused:

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have 2 MVP Plus and they are both quick IMO. They are not as fast as my old Boss.

What fluid are you using in the Plow?

3. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

cet,

I am using whatever is standard in the new plow. The older 7 6 I am using snow plow oil (that is the name brand).

4. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

We just had the same problem. I brought it in and they said the same thing to me. The next day I was out pushin and the plow stopped working completly. Brought it back in and the motor was shot. Not even 2 months old!!!! Thank god for warranty.

5. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

See and that is what I am afraid of. This plow isnt even two months old. I have a bad feeling it is going to happen during a storm as it always does with break downs. What to do.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There must be a way to bench test the motor. Go in and talk to someone important.

7. Jake23rc

Jake23rc Member

Yeah I need to find out who that is. It always seems the owner is out.