1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP blade on a Pro Plow lift motor

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by COLOFIREMAN, Jan 19, 2009.

1. COLOFIREMAN

COLOFIREMAN Member

Hey there I have a 8.5 Pro Plow blade on my truck and I found an older MVP far a great price. Other than the coupler, what would I need in the controls to make it work??

Thanks for any help??
    ussmileyflag

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Not quite sure what your calling the coupler? If your 8.5 pro is a uni-mount then the MVP should pin up. As for type harness, you will need a whole new vehicle control harness and controller. The plus side is, once you wire the truck for the v you can still run your straight by putting a adaptor in line in the cab and use your staright blade controller.

3. COLOFIREMAN

COLOFIREMAN Member

Thanks for the reply.

I'm calling the "coupler" the lower mount where the blade/lift motor pin up to. What I was wondering is can I use my current lift motor, with a new harnass, to control the Vee blade that I want to use on it? BTW my mount is the unimount style.
    Thank you again for your continued help.:cool:

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You need to use the MVP pump, a straight blade pump will not work.

And heres why, a straight blade is one piece and the pump is set up to allow fluid to return to tank from the collapseing cylinder. Example, when you angle to the right the pump sends fluid to the left angle cylinder but allows fluid from the right cylinder to return to the tank. A "V" is set up so each half will work independant of the other half. If you were to use a straight pump and tried to angle to the right the left wing would go out and the right wouldnt do anything since there isnt anything pushing against the right wing to move it.