1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP Blade Edges Rounding?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Darafayen, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Darafayen

Darafayen Junior Member

Hey guys i just picked up a new MVP poly 8'6 and the corners are rounding off very fast ive only used it twice this year for a few lots not a lot of plowing at all. Does anyone have a clue why they would ware this quickly? is the plow unlevel? or does it ware a lot when its in scoop mode or something? please let me know if you have a clue! thanks

2. BlindViper

BlindViper Junior Member

If you are plowing against a curb it will round them. If you are traveling with the blade in the full back position the corners are close to the ground and can scrape.
  3. T Deneen

T Deneen Junior Member

The rounding could also be a warranty issue, Western had a problem last year with the composition of the cutting edges being too soft. I had a couple customers who wore their edges out in just a couple of uses. If the cutting edges are 1 piece, that is a dead giveaway. They tried to form the center bend out of 1 piece on each blade section. Not hard enough. They now have a two piece set for each side of the blade. If that isn't it try a curbguard.
  4. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

The ends wear faster than the middles. Curb guards will help, not the western or fisher ones but check out winterequip.com.
  5. diesel dave 04

diesel dave 04 Senior Member

make sure the center pin is stright up and down, when the blade is on the ground and the truck is sitting level if the A frame is not level the edges will wear, also if there is slop in the center pin they will wear Mine wears the edges faster then the center also. But i still love it.
  6. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

This might help slow the wear down if everything is working right and you use it in scoop a lot. Take a piece of your old cutting edge and cut it about 8-12'' long and weld it on the back side of your cutting edge. Friend swears by it casue he always makes me weld them for him when he is due for new edges.