1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP and Wideout

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nick858, Oct 18, 2009.

1. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

So I have an 810 Blizzard and an MVP Ultramount Western. If I were to buy a Wideout and sell the 810, can I swap back and forth the MVP and the WO? Im assuming they are both the same Ultramounts, but is the wiring the same with just a different controller?

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

NO, I don't see being able to do that. The joysticks do different things and there are more moving parts on the wideout.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the MVP is a plus model you can..but if it's a regular old MVP then no.

4. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

OK thats what I thought, just switch the controller. But I just realized, my MVP has the square lights, so Im sure the nighthawks have a different wiring harness.

5. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

They should be the same harness, I know that a lot of guys here have swapped the nighthawks onto old plows. (ill be doing mine this year)

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What does the connector for the controller look like? Round with a screw on retainer ring...or a small square plug in?

7. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

I own a mvp plus and a wideout , as long as i use the wideout controller they both work. meaning my v plow controller wont work the wideout but the wideout controller will work the v plow.

8. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Connector is round with screw on retainer, just like my older unimount,

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That system won't run a WO. Thus your vee and WO wouldn't be swap-able since the vee is too old..

10. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Thats what I figured, thanks for the info.