1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP and Pro Plus striaght blade wiring!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cj7plowing, Jan 9, 2010.

1. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

I have a chance to get a 8.5 MVP for one of my trucks . I have a 8 pro plus on the front of my dodge right now. How much different is the wiring for the plows? I know the battery plugs would be the same also the headlights, what would have to be done for the controller.

would I just need the wire harness that goes from the controller in the cab to the underhood module and then from there out to the plow? or does everything need to be changed?

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I think you just need a adapter for the controller. I'm sure someone with more knowledge can chime in.

3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The only thing different is the control harness (#1 position on your iso module) You must use the control harness from the MVP, then you can get the adapter which will allow you to use your straight blade with the MVP control harness. :nod:

4. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

that is very cool does anyone have a western part number for the control harness I need?

:waving:

5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The MVP control harness is 26346, and the adapter for the straight blade control is 66760K.

6. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

cubic inches thank you

7. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Thanks a lot CI. I'm in the same boat as the OP.