1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP 9.6 Ultramount Issue

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bartdude, Jan 10, 2015.

1. bartdude

bartdude Member
    from Chicago

So all the sudden my plow starts using a lot of power when lift and angling side to side. Cause all my truck lights to dim and radio would mute. Any ideas what cause that to happen?
  2. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Battery or alternator going bad maybe? How old are they? I just had an issue where my truck went completely dead when plowing. Couldn't get it started. Hour later it was fine. Took it to the dealer and couldn't find any ibvious electrical issues. Replaced the serpentine belt snd tensioner though. Tough to licate electrical gremlins.
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Sounds to me like you have a bad battery clamp connection. The battery fills in the needed current when the alternator can't keep up. If the battery power can't get out to the plow the truck side systems will all starve when the voltage drops. Clean your battery clamps and any wires that are connected there by nuts & bolts.