1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP 3 Wings?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by YakimaStilley, Dec 20, 2013.

1. YakimaStilley

YakimaStilley Junior Member

Could someone tell me how many inches the Western wings for the MVP 3 v-plow adds?

Are these the best wings to put on? What do you all think about wings on a v plow?

My thoughts, added productivity. I put Pro Wings on my 8'6" Western straight blade and was really impressed with the added productivity.

Very interested in everyone's thoughts...

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Wings on a straight blade are a great benefit but on the MVP? This is a pretty heavy plow that comes with the scoop option already, how much more do you want.... I would be concerned about the extra wear & stress on the hydraulic unit. If you regularly lift the plow when it's in scoop these wings are going to add quite a load and draw more power from the battery. Your pressure will go over relief more frequently too, in other words the plow won't move because the pressure is too high.

Can't say that this is forbidden by Western especially if they sell the wings for it. I am interested to hear what others have to say about it. Around here I have never seen wings on a Western V.