1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP 3 Wing Guards

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by truckitup, Jan 13, 2014.

1. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

For you all that have Western MVP 3 with wings, I found a cheap way to save the wings edges from the curbs. Just take the original cutting edges and turn them around and bolt them on. The old cutting edges will stick out about an inch. The stock bolts will work. The factory cutting edge does not last worth a crap, and it will take a month to get the replacement, so plan ahead.

wing edge.jpg

2. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

post a pick with the wings

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

at least someone is thinking
    But never had a problem with curbs Since I try not to windrow anything I scoop everything

I found cheap way to buy them I buy long sticks and cut what I need For what western wants for 2 sets I can buy a big stick that can make 5 sets for same price but then again I don't run 6'' cutting edge I run a 8'' edge so I have cut the wing edges little longer

4. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

There is a pic of my truck with the wings on form MVP 3. I tried to upload a pic, but it would not let me.