1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP-3 Top outer mold board cracked

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by truckitup, Apr 3, 2015.

1. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

Wanted to see if any on else with a MVP-3 has had there top outer mold board crack? I was out washing the plow and just noticed the crack.

I think it is because of the pressure of the higher mold board, and the thin metal they use, and no it is not because I beat the sh..t out of it trying to push snow banks back!!!!

You can see both sides have cracked at the screw were it is held on by. It is still barely under warranty, so I will see what the dealer says, I do not have high hopes that the will fix it.

mvp crack.jpg

photo.JPG

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

1st post I seen about anything close to that. Keeps us updated

3. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

I will. My plow was the 1st MVP-3 installed in Rochester NY. I think it is a design flaw that western does not know about (YET). There could be more that it will happen too.

4. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

Well here is the latest. Took it to the dealer. They said they have seen six of them this year and have not warranted any of them. The reason is that we all used after market cutting edges. What a joke. On the Westerns MVP that is like saying that you put after market rims on your truck and the radio is not covered.

Any one who has a MVP Plus or a MVP will understand the mold board sets in a channel on the bottom (not touching the cutting edge) and then is held on my screws on the top. The mold board never meet the frame till snow is pushed up against it. I am going to be taking this up with western directly so if any on else has this problem please PM me. Thank you.

5. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

buy the edges from the dealer? Sounds like he has a beef with them and isn't gIvins western a good story.

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Contact Western, that's total BS.

Try pm'ing john here or I can pm you Hugh's info.

7. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

If you do not mind PM Hugh's info that would be great.

Thanks

8. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

Out of curiosity Unicell or Thruway Spring?

9. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

It is Unicell