1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP 3 port ISO. wiring help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by lalaape413, Jan 7, 2012.

1. lalaape413

lalaape413 Junior Member

Taking a MVP with 3 port iso. off of a 08 chevy 2500 HD and putting it on an 01. The headlight connectors from the 08 don't fit the 01.. The two wires are labeled -BA and -RE. I'm not sure what to hook these wires up to. Right now when you turn on the brights it turns the lights on the plow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

i would start by getting the correct headlight harness connectors

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I agree with dieselss, get the proper headlight harness kit for your new truck. Assuuming that this is a regular MVP and not the MVP plus, there is no explaination for the plow coming on with the lights. You must have something hooked up wrong. There is a loop-back wire in the headlight plug that activates the plow control. And the BA RE makes no sence. My schematic shows VA for low beam +, VJ for common - and VB for high beam + (that on the Western harness headlight female connector) CD is high beam +, BK is common - and AE is low beam + (on the Western male plug that goes back to the actual headlight bulbs.) Here is a link to the electrical schematics. Look at page 16 for regular MVP 3 port system. http://library.westernplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/22373.07_110108_for_web.pdf