1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MVP 3 on the new truck

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jbsplow, Aug 31, 2015.

1. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

Spent the whole day wiring, and putting the plow on my dodge. Went pretty good happy how it looks on the truck. Have some minor things to finish up with the wiring. Where is a good place to wire the ACC cable that comes off the Vehicle harness for the controller? Right now I have it jammed into the 10A Cruise control in the fuse box... But I would rather have it wired into the cab into something.. CIGARETTE lighter ? would that work.. ALSO the truck is a 2003,2500, on my other truck I ran 2 battery's but on this one I cant find anywhere to put a spare battery because my air box is so big. Will I be fine with one battery or what? it has the heavy-duty snowplow, alternator package

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. MXZ1983

MXZ1983 Senior Member

Looks fantastic!
  3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Looks great!
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

That's what you need.
    Always try and find an ignition hot circuit, you'll forget to turn off the clicker and it'll drain your battery
    As far as one batt, you'll be fine. However, you need to run the truck for a little bit at higher rpms after your done plowing to recharge. Or install a battery charger, and plug it in when your done.
  5. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Very nice!
  6. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

. So I just plug that into my fuse box? Like into my cruise control or what I'm a little confused. Or does that acc wire go somewhere in my truck under the dash.
  7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, and the wire "hanging" is what you use for your ign hot circuit.

Remove your cruise fuse, install that tap with the same amp fuse, then add another fuse for the second circuit and your good to go