1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MUST LOOK!!! 4x4 Ford ~ $4500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by PremierLand, Feb 17, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

1994 F150, 130k miles, extended cab, 8ft bed. Great shape, runs excellent. New rebuilt Trans, coil, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, batt., hitch, brake controller, o2 sensor and much much more, work preformed by professionals only and I have the reciets. Goes in autotrader next week. $4500 firm takes it. This Must go. I'll also put the bedliner and weatherguard diamond plate toolbox in with the deal. Again this is a great truck. Lists for $5200 on kbb.com, so again, $4500 firm. Thanks again. Call Mark 313-477-4505.

[​IMG]

2. PremierLand

from detroit

3. I PLOW ALONE

I PLOW ALONE Junior Member

no offense mark but good luck getting $3500 for the truck. again no offense

4. PremierLand

from detroit

None taken. High miles scare people away, which they scare me away too. However KBB.com says its worth $5200. So with everything I put into it these past 4-6 months (new trans, oil pump, rear main, o2 sensor, and a bunch of other crap, like a hitch, brake controller, etc etc.), I figured $4500 is a fair price.

I put it up on their for $5000 OBO, so that way when people barter with me, and I go to $4500, they will feel they're getting a better deal ;)

Anyway, I think I'll get $4500 for it, just a matter of time and the right person to come along.

5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Here's the question why do you need to get rid of this truck? You have 4 vehicles listed in your profile and it caught my eye that you would sell the only 4x4 you have. If you did all this work to it why don't you keep it and put a 7.5 on the front. Looking at it the body is in great shape, I think that that truck will fit your needs. In conclusion, I think since you put so much money into it why dont you keep this and plow with it.

Jason

6. PremierLand

from detroit

Because I want to get rid of them all and buy one new one (chevy 2500hd 4x4 ls ext cab 8ftbed). I dont want to put a plow on it, beacuse next year im only plowing commercial, and I want to have a 3/4ton for plowing commercial.

My dad wants me to do the same thing you said. But I do not, and will not hang a plow on the front of it.

7. Stik208

Different strokes for different folks.
    Jason

8. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

I have to agree...why take on the big payments at your age when you have a capable truck? My first plow truck was a 86 Bronco with a 300 six cyl in it. Made enough thru the years to get what I have now. PLUS you DON'T want to miss 2 payments!

9. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Mark,
    Some good advice. Should you change your mind, I have a plow for it...lol

10. I PLOW ALONE

mark i hear what your saying but people dont care how much money you got in it. im just telling you that kbb dont meen squat. you can usally expect to get about 1/2 - 2/3 of the private party value. but good luck getting your $4500 but i just dont see it.

11. Stik208

So.....Whats the verdict?
    My choice would be keep it, throw some monster springs front and back, and put an 8 footer on it. There is your commercial machine. According fishers ematch, a dealer will put on up to an 8 1/2 foot.

Just some food for thought.

Jason

12. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

He doesn't say what engine is in it. If it's the 4.9 6, and it's been taken care of, it's just broke in.

13. PremierLand

from detroit

its the 5.0

14. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I wish mine had a 5.0, I've got 2 of them in the garage that are going to be strokers for the 85 mustang. It' got a sweet engine in it right now, but the stroker will be better.

15. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Unfortunately, 5.0's are about on their last leg at 130,000 miles.

16. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Why are you filling this kid's head with BS? The 5.0 will go 300k with proper maintenance. I would know, I've done it twice.

17. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Why dont you just let him sell his truck and stop telling him things. PM him if you have to.

18. I PLOW ALONE

the only reason i said anything was because he post's a new thread every other day trying to sell his truck. i think that everybody on this site has read the same thread about 10 times already. and if nobody is interested then why keep posting the same thread over and over again. that's all

19. Stik208

Do you still have this thing? If you do you should take the hint. There are about 5 7 1/2 footers forsale right now I'm sure 1 is from an F150.

Jason

20. PremierLand

from detroit

Sorry, but I have to brign this thread back up, especially for Repoman. LOL

That truck brings back so many arguments. HAHAHAHAHA

By the way, I sold this truck in 2005. and the day after I sold it, the rear end went out, and all four hubs had to be replaced. lol... good times with taht truck, nottt....