1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

must I have a contract signed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rmpettit, Dec 27, 2004.

1. rmpettit

rmpettit Junior Member

I'm just starting out. I got a new truck for my lawn care business that has a plow so when MD finally gets some snow I would like to get out and do some driveways. I live in MD but got to school in VA so I can't get any contracts as of yet.

I was curius about whether or not I need to have the people that I plow for sign some sort of document that says they are aware that there will be some scraping on their blacktop surfaces. I have no idea what kind of blemishes it will put on the pavement.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. mickman

mickman Senior Member

If your doing just driveways and you personally know them & trust them to pay you, then that's up to you. Is that the way you do lawns to?

I have residental & commercial sign a contract, document of some type
    mainly to help cover my a$$, and to clear up any misconceptions like:
    what inch increments to plow;2,4".

You need to let your ins. co know you are plowing [unless you are rich and can pay for damages yourself]

If you don't have plowing experience, you should find a contractor that has
    some big open lot commercial accounts [there are thousands in mont. co.]
    Then you can earn while you learn and make $50-100/hr