1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Must have in vehicle needs ?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by asphaltwarrior1, Feb 1, 2014.

1. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

What are some things you guys keep on hand while plowing. Meaning in the vehicle in case of breakdowns.
  2. fhafer

fhafer Member

SAM hydraulic oil, spare coil, spare lynch pins & hitch pins, basic set of hand tools, spare fuses, black electrical tape, ball peen hammer, and a multimeter. Oh, and a German Shepard.
  3. MattR

MattR Senior Member

Besides some of the things previously mentioned.... I always carry at least 1 if not 2 extra pairs of dry gloves.
  4. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

Perfect items thanks, and I just thought of one as well. a first aid kit and some triangles or small cones.
  5. Boris02

Boris02 Junior Member

Gloves, boots, shovel, extra oil and a few tools.
  6. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Cell phone with my Wife on the other end with the extra Truck and Plow.
  7. harrison6jd

harrison6jd Member

things mentioned plus flashlight,spare belt, alternator, one hydro hose for the plow long enough to replace any one on the system,light bulbs, all extra fluid. im sure i will think of some others.
  8. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

add extra wiper blades and a square point digging shovel or scoop shovel
  9. asphaltwarrior1

asphaltwarrior1 Member

I never thought of the wiper blade. My buddy actually broke one on his truck a couple storms back. what a pita that was having to order the whole arm and all.
  10. Rusty Silence

Rusty Silence Senior Member

I keep a small floor jack in the tool box incase I need to short chain the blade. I can't remember if i've had to use for that yet but it did come in handy to re-seat my wheel when my lugnuts came loose.