1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Must Have Been Cold Lat Night!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DeereFarmer, Oct 13, 2006.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I went to bed at midnight last night and the weather channel said a low of 55. Woke up this morning and some of the rain we had got the night before was frozen onto my truck. All the puddles had turned to ice. What a surprise. I get in my truck, warm it up, and chip off the ice. Once I get out on my road there is salt and sand on some of the puddles that had frozen where it always floods when it rains. This is going to be a great winter!!! It is only Oct. 13th!

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

*** I meant last night. I hate when that happens. Now everyone knows that I don't proofread my titles!

3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah freeze warnings here tonight and its not supposed to get out of the 30's until late tomorrow morning going to be cold working tomorrow

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It was 24degs F here last night with wind chills in the single digits.....

5. crystaltopaz84

crystaltopaz84 Junior Member

It got down to about 38 here last night, had to scrape the frost off the truck windshield before driving to work. Don't want to get too excited though....can't afford any jinx this winter :p