1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Must be a small town

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Nov 27, 2009.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Miami City Council accepts resignation of city clerk, bid for snow removal
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009
    By GEOFF RANDS/Staff writer

The Miami City Council received only one bid for snow removal, reported Mayor John Bakert.

That bid came from Eddie Taylor, who said he would charge $55 per hour, with a minimum of $27.50 for any work done. These payments will be deducted from a $500 nonrefundable advance, and if the advance becomes exhausted, the city would make additional payments at that time.

Council member Dave Arends moved to accept Taylor's bid, and member Donna Hirt seconded. Member Chris Taylor abstained, and all others present voted in favor of accepting the bid.

2. plowmaster07

plowmaster07 Senior Member

But the real question... Miami FL?? It would be nice if it was all that easy to bid! :)
    Good luck this season,
    Aaron

3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I will not even bid on any of the town work around me. You get 20 dudes bidding on it and everyone finds out what they paid last year and go down from there. the work goes for nothing !
    Last year i was at a bid opening for a school district. A company bid trucks at $45.00 per hour, bobcat at $40 per hour and shovelers at something like $15 per hour :dizzy::cry::dizzy:

4. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Don't bobcats make more than trucks ? that is way to low but less for the skid ?

5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

So the guy writes up a contract and bid and get a $500 nonrefundable. Sounds good to me. Chances of plowing are nil and he gets 5 c-notes. Nice.

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Good chance. This is Miami, Missouri.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it is. I must of deleted that part.

8. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

grandview's new branch out there will do it for less and no deposit, he will pay the town

9. plowmaster07

plowmaster07 Senior Member

I'm glad that you cleared that up. :)

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

So it's NOT Mark O?

11. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I bet he is ticked at himself for not bidding at a higher rate! lol

12. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

hell im in missouri and i dont know where miami mo is. I wanna find that town and laugh at them. But I bet the guy takes forever to do it in his mazda v6 pickup. 55 an hour makes me piss myself

13. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

i would have bid $10,000 an hour seeing the chances of dropping your plow in Miami , for snow, would not happen

you can plow sand right?

ETA: would be cool as hell if they signed it and then a FREEK blizzard nail the pan handle.. HAHAHAHA watching the $$$ just jump into my pocket..

14. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

missouri not florida