1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Music while plowing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cja1987, Feb 15, 2004.

1. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I know this has been discussed before in other, older threads but instead of replying to one of them i decided to start a new thread and see what everyone does while plowing. (since there are alot of new members since the last time a thread like this came up)

Do you ever listen to music or do you have to concentrate on plowing?

What kind of music do you listen to?

I usually am thinking too much about plowing to have the music on really loud especaially when i have to keep backing into traffic. If it does occur to me to put the radio on its usually some "mix" station that plays everything. Most of the time if its a big long storm i will take all my cds that i make from downloading music and play them. I like to listen to anything but rap while plowing but its usually rock or yes i'll admit it some country.

2. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

country music !!

3. jsaunders

jsaunders Senior Member

I always listen to music, plowing gets boring, 6 cd's in the changer and anything but country and sloww music. Joel

4. Got to have the radio on while plowing (on low, just loud enough to hear the music but low enough to hear outside the truck). Allman Brothers, Van Halen, BB King, Clapton to name a few selections.

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Slow music puts me to sleep after a while, its usually rock but I still like country because it talks alot about life.

6. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I like rock or mix. I used to listen to country but haven't had a station around here in 2 years. only country I hear is on CD's.

7. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

Usually it depends. As the night wears on i need music thats faster to keep me awake. Or i catch something and that scares the crap out of me. Country, some rap, and all types of rock. :D :D

8. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Late Night Coast to Coast with George Noray(which used to be Art Bell). Those kooks will keep ya up anytime.

9. cntryboymc

cntryboymc Member

i listen to country or some rock like ac/dc.a good country cd is chris ledoux greatest hits-rockin music while plowing.i also drink coffeee and have some mint skoal while plowing.

10. natureboy

natureboy Junior Member

Rush all night long!

11. elite1

elite1 Senior Member

I try to keep the radio on. I listen to all types of music, but while plowing, rock is the way to go. Any type of song with a good beat that makes you want to hit stuff. Metallica,ACDC, Kid rock.

Most of the time it gets interupted buy the nextel radio/cell phone, too often to enjoy. I would get more done if they would leave me alone.

12. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Country in the day time and Rock at night..

13. Crodog

Crodog Junior Member

wow, I was surprised to hear so many say country. I have my Ipod hookid up in the truck with plenty of country on it, plus I have my Cd's as back up and the radio as well. If I can't find anything i'm in the mood for with all that then i'm SOL!

Crodog

14. Chefdrp

Chefdrp Member

my boss has satalite radio in the truck

15. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

While plowing during the day it's usually country and rock. At night i just turn it up. Also I've found that singing keeps me up too

16. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Disturbed ACDC Creed 3 doors down
    That keeps m awake during the overnight, I listen to alot of sports radio and Bill O'Reilly during the day.
    Dino

17. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

If its still snowing I listen to WJR they have traffic and weather on the 8s.Traffic in metro Detroit while its snowing is a bi**h. These people all seem to want to go outside when its snowing. When I am plowing no radio,window down and paying close attention to any noise the truck will make.

Regards Mike

18. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

Raido or CD player on LOUD. Jazz, Soul, Old Motown, an A LOT OF "SATAN" METAL:D

19. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

I'm constantly changing my music around. I will go from Counting Crows to Rage Against The Machine to Hank Williams Jr.
    One of my favorite plowing cds is Blood Sugar Sex Magic from the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

20. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

Coast to Coast AM before 6am....then around 6am The Howard Stern Show. For music, country and classic rock.