1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Muscle LSE vs. Timbren

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RB, Dec 12, 2000.

1. RB

RB Senior Member

I've been pricing these products. the Muscle LSE is about $80 vs the Timbren about $170. These seem to be a similar product that will product similar results.

Who has either product and any opinion or favor for either product?

Thanx.

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

We just ordered the Muscle brand threw Napa saving over $100 over the other. We run 1Ton trucks with sanders with around 5000lbs of weight with sand. The guy that helps has the same truck with the Muscle ones and loves em.

3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I was just going to ask the very same question. I'm having a problem with my truck bouncing down too far after coming off of a curb or a speed bump. Gettin a little worried about breaking my plow mount or snapping the bolts off of the angle rams. I'm thinking these will help. Napa has the Muscle LSE???

-Tim

4. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

Yes Napa has these in there Napa shock book around $89.00

5. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

Does anyone know of another source?
    All I got at the local napa was a sea of dumdfounded faces
    thanks
    matt.

Buy the way 2-6"and sleet tonight....finally

6. Finecut

Finecut Junior Member

Matthew Urban,

I got the exact same results, when requesting pricing on LSE Muscle supports from NAPA. I called 1-800-879-0540 which is a tech support number (for Monroe - Tenneco) and asked them for a part# for the application I was interested in, they gave me the part# and I called NAPA and they immediately knew what I wanted. I somehow fail to realize why this product hasn't been promoted better...their (Monroe's) marketing leaves something to be desired. But product works great and I can't compare them to Timbrens as I have never owned Timbrens. I get a discount and paid 71.40 for mine, Part# 441 for F-250 Ford.

[Edited by Finecut on 12-14-2000 at 04:30 AM]

7. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

What are they? Shocks? Air Shocks? Spring Shocks? I never heard of them.

8. Finecut

Finecut Junior Member

Thomas,

Best way I can think to describe them... is a heavy rubber spring (about 3" high)with two coils, that fits between the frame and axle. A bracket bolts to the frame and LSE supports bolt to the bracket. I forgot to mention that they are hollow. They help carry heavy loads and prevent spring damage and give your vehichle better handling capabilities loaded, yet don't affect the ride in a negative manner without heavy loads. I think both Timbrens and LSE Supports are giving a lifetime guarantee on their product.

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

we just put timbrens on a chevy silverado 1500. they definately jacked the front end up more so it wont dip with the plow on. i would definately reccomend them.

10. dfor

dfor PlowSite.com Veteran

Hey guys, are they easy to install? Any drilling required or are they attached with u-bolts? I have never seen a pair up close.

11. matthew Urban

matthew Urban Senior Member

How would anyone compare a set of air bags to the Lse's and the timbren's?
    I haven't decided which way to go yet as i haven't found a local supplier for the monroes.
    thanks,
    matt

12. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

The timbrens monroes, are much easier to install, and even easier to maintain. You unblot the factory rubber stop, and replace with the load booster. About 1/2 hr per side.
    Dino

13. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Okay... I'm sold.

For the record, Matt Urban, I have Air Lift air bags on the rear of my truck, and they work great. I mounted them forward of the rear axle so they help a lot more with leverage (taking the weight off of the front of the truck.)

-Tim

14. PlowingUpward

PlowingUpward Junior Member

I recently Installed a set of Timbrens on the front of my 2001 f250 and they work great, high quality product, easy install and a better ride quality with and without my 800# plow attached!!! I would be curious to try the Monroe and do a side by side comparison:)

Click this link for a nice writeup on the Timbren SES instillation process. http://mysnowplowreview.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  15. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Wow a 10 year old thread, you dug deep for this one. Welcome to plowsite.

16. PlowingUpward

PlowingUpward Junior Member

Lol, you have a point. Still a very relevant topic with some good info however.