1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Murray Snowblowers?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CeeGee, Dec 3, 2003.

1. CeeGee

CeeGee Junior Member

northerntools sells a Northstar brand made by Murray - think they label their Performance brand for Northerntools.com.(Murrray, Murray Performance, YardKing and Blizzard brands) - looks pretty nice - 8.5hp Tecumseh 27" headlight, elect start - 2 phase.

Looking at This one from Northerntool

Roughly equivalent to THIS ONE by Murray:

Need any experiences please with Murray product?

pls email eyeam@ragingbull.com

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

If you have a Sam's Club near you they have a 26 inch 10HP Gardenway(made by MTD) blower for $740, we have a Yardman(also made by MTD) that we bought 4 years ago from Sam's and haven't had a problem with it.
  3. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

Those Murray's/Yardman/MTD/& million other rebadged brands are the best 2 stages going. Lighter & more maneuverable than the Hondas Toros & Ariens, less expensive, easier to repair & they throw snow as well & don't ride up as much.
  4. CeeGee

CeeGee Junior Member

Well - thanks for the input - between your help, multiple calls to hardware stores in Minneapoils (my old stomping grounds) and family members, it seems that the product, features and price I got are great.

$860 with free delivery, lights, 8.5 horse and lights is okay by me and more trustworthy than (uggh) ebay.

Should be an easier winter this year - I hate shoveling my 100' double wide driveway (with grass in the middle) by hand.

Thanks again.

Oh - btw - I am having a heck of a time finding chains for the Snow Hog 16 X 4.8 tires. Scoured the internet. Lots of 16 X 6.5 chains - must be special size and Murray is out of stock. :(

Also I see they measure tires in all sorts of wierd ways - anywhere I can find a reference that'll translate 16" X 4.8" into all htose wierd numbering schemes I see all over for Snow Hog chains?
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2003