1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Murray Pro Series

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by McGaw, Aug 15, 2008.

1. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

Hi there,
    I'm new to plowing. I'm hoping to be successful with what I have, and my time. I go to high school full time, and I'm hopeing to plow in the winter. Or in my case, blow. I'm not old enough to drive, so I can't get a truck and plow. Quads are not an option as the city will not permit us to use them.
    I've got at least 4 driveways to do (including ours). I've got 2 on our street, and 2 on another. I plan on keeping one snowblower at my house, and one on the other street.
    The snowblowers I'm hopeing on useing our a 8hp Murray Pro Series, and a 10hp Murray Pro Series.
    I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Or if they will work for what I want them too?
    Thanks alot.
    (This is not a half baked idea, I did go and get insurance and I also have snowblowers that friends will let me borrow if mine break)

2. Dodge2

Dodge2 Member
    from ottawa

I thimk Murray makes some of the best snowblowers out there. I have bought a 27" 8hp Murray from home depot in 2004 and I never had a problem with it. I use it to do about five 1-4 car wide laneways each year. They are great machines and are very well balanced and is maneuverable. I have used it with wet/dry and deep snow and it never bogs down( at walking pace) . I have even used it to through 1-2" thick of ice and it had no problem. (I am currently 16 years old)