1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Municipality, price per hour?

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by LR3, Aug 13, 2015.

1. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

A municipality in Connecticut wants to hire me and my 80hp tracked machine equipped with a Kage plow, snow bucket and truck loading snowblower. They want all three implements available during cleanup but mostly want me to blow snow into trucks. Do I charge to have all three there? How much should I charge?

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Basically having more attachments will get you more hours so that's how you end up making more money. The hourly rate should
    Be a little more for the blower IMO.

3. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

That makes sense. Definitely more for the blower. But even more considering it has an add on, which is the extended chute to load tri axles etc., no? What would you consider to be a reasonable hourly rate?

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I have no idea what your hourly rate should be. Around here the towns pay good standby and a very low hourly rate.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Did they say hourly? A lot of places are by the truck load. Your trucks or theirs?

6. LR3

LR3 Senior Member

No trucks. Just the skid steer and implements mentioned. I may add a 9 ton to blow snow into but that's a different charge altogether.

7. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I would charge a base price for the skid and additional rates for each attachment broken down into 1/4, 1/2 or 1 hour increments as you use them. Also charge for delivery and pick up. Being a municipality sometimes coffee and donuts go along ways.