1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Municipal plowing

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by luvscapin, Mar 31, 2014.

1. luvscapin

luvscapin Junior Member

Hey everyone, I am fairly new to plowsite, so don't start throwing rotten fruit at the new guy just yet. I was wondering if anyone works for the Cleveland Road Department. I am doing a survey to find out how many miles of roads are in Cleveland, Ohio and one of these guys would be the best to answer that question.

Thanks in advance!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just call and ask.

3. luvscapin

luvscapin Junior Member

I've called, got transferred, put on hold, hung up on, call back, get transferred, put on hold...you know how it goes.

4. grandview

call back and say you work for (insert name) your local elected official ;)

5. grandview

Need to break it down too. How many are local ,city state rds.Which one do you want to know about?

6. luvscapin

luvscapin Junior Member

Sorry. Is should have been more specific. I was only looking to see how many miles the City of Cleveland themselves is responsible for plowing and salting.

7. grandview

So they do it in house,which means union workers,so I don't they will want any type of bid

8. luvscapin

luvscapin Junior Member

If you have seen the roads here, you would not want to bid on it either. I am collecting data for a survey/study on the subject. We primarily do residential and commercial plowing and there are very few municipalities that send it out for bid in our area.

9. grandview

The City of Cleveland has twelve to sixteen crews working to fill potholes in the City’s approximately 10,200 main and residential streets

10. luvscapin

luvscapin Junior Member

Yeah. That's the only info that I could find on their website too

11. wnwniner

wnwniner Member

Try contacting the engineering department. I run my cities engineering department and I have the database at my fingertips during the day. I can tell you exactly how many lane or centerline miles we have, plus how many are arterial vs neighborhood.