1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Municipal Bidding

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Village Trustee, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Village Trustee

Village Trustee Junior Member

I was asked to post this here. My Village is currently bidding out their snow removal contract. The last contract bid received only 2 replies. Long story short the contract was rewritten and is now out for bid again. Where is the best place to post this bid so as to attract more contractors? The Village is located in Rockland County New York. If you think this forum is the best place I will post info on how to obtain the specs.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Repost.

Being where you are ,it looks like around 1700-2500.00 a lane mile for plowing.

3. Village Trustee

If you would like to bid or know someone that would please email me.

4. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing the previous bids were too high, and this is a lowball trolling boat. Just a hunch, I could be wrong......

5. Village Trustee

I just want to make sure the taxpayers are getting a fair price for their money. My personal opinions do not matter when it comes to other people's money and the best way to ensure good quality work at a fair price is to receive multiple bids.

6. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Funny how the best price always seems to come with the lowest price in these matters.........living in Chicago most of life I know exactly how "multiple bids" work. Lol

7. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

If your in a smaller community you might want to go to the next larger city to advertise and pull a greater number of contractors in.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Another question ,what do you have for summer workers? Why are they not plowing?