1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Municipal Bidding

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Village Trustee, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Village Trustee

Village Trustee Junior Member

My Village is currently bidding out their snow removal contract. The last contract bid received only 2 replies. Long story short the contract was rewritten and is now out for bid again. Where is the best place to post this bid so as to attract more contractors? The Village is located in Rockland County New York.

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I would suggest going into the Networking forum as I would assume you would be looking for local contractors to bid on the property

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Public notice in your local paper. I don't think you can send letters out to contractors,might look like favoring select contractors.

4. Village Trustee

Thank's, I'll try that now.

5. Village Trustee

Yes, we did that this time and last time too. We also published in some industry news paper or magazine but I don't think it is reaching people. I looked on the SIMA site and asked a few contractors but they never heard of the bid. I was hoping there were some contractors on this site that would like info and would solicit the village directly.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Being where you are ,it looks like around 1700-2500.00 a lane mile for plowing.

7. 160SR

160SR Junior Member
    from nh

What was wrong with the 2 bids you received?

8. Village Trustee

If you would like to bid or know someone that would then please email me

9. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.