1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

multipurpose bucket?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by 78K20, Apr 22, 2003.

1. 78K20

78K20 Member
    from WV

I have a 1974 JD 350C and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to purhase a multipurpose bucket? What would one of these buckets cost? Everthing that I have read about them is good are they worth the money? Where could I find one? Thanks for the help
  2. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

you probably wouldn't be able to buy a new bucket due tot he age of the machine. If you do find one it would probably be special order of custom made. if you do find a used one you gonna have to check the pins and bushings if they are worn and you don't have the skills and facilites to fix the problem it wouldn't be a cheap project. check out the used equiptment scrap yards in your area maybe they have something. Last resort if your handy and can weld and fabricate you can maybe adapt a bucket from another makers machine.
  3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

If you only need the bucket than I don't think you will have that much of a problem making one work.

As far as the benefits, I think having a multipurpose bucket would be a good idea if you have the work for it.
  4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Is a multi purpose bucket bucket the same as a 4 way? If so, I wouldn't be without one. The amount of work it will save you is unbelievable! Plus you can do things you've never dreamed possible with the machine.
  5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

That is what I was going with. Or a clamshell.
  6. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

You might try looking under "attachments" or "dismantled" at Machinerytrader.com. I was sucessful in find a 4 in 1 for my friend there.