1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Multiple location bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by SpeedyGreenInc, Sep 8, 2009.

1. SpeedyGreenInc

SpeedyGreenInc Junior Member

It is for 14 different sites all within 4 miles of each other, each site is roughly 4 acres in size with 1 at about 20 acres in size. They want it plowed every 1 inch during the working hours and it all clear at the start of each day, which is 7:30. Salt just around the buildings which isn't going to amount to much. They want a price for the whole winter and no extra charges. 2 of the areas including the largest are all sand and no pavement as well. Last season we had around 160" of snowfall. Let me know what you guys think about this and how you would price this one out.
  2. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

pictures would be great
  3. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Good luck.
  4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

What the heck does "all sand" mean. Is it on the beach :confused:
  5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty sure he means it's gravel.
  6. SpeedyGreenInc

Its sand/gravel parking lot but mostly sand. The area has very sandy soil and thats what the lot is. They are all square or rectangle lots that have fencing around them, but there is about a 15ft area all the way around to put the snow. I dont have any pics but I will see what I can do. Just looking for a rough price you guys would charge to see if my estimate was close to the same.
  7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

4 acres of sand lots. That sounds like it will beat the crap out of your equipment and is not going to be a good time. Have fun with that one:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:!
  8. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

Northern NY, Where are you talking about with sandy soil? Sandy Creek north of Pulaski? Can you get us a overhead image or something to give us a better idea of the property?

I would be glad to help but that sounds like NASTY times already with all gravel lots....
  9. SpeedyGreenInc

I have a pic of the ground of the lots, will post it when I get home. Basically just looking at what others would charge in this situation. Bids had to be in sept 1st and they award on sept 15th. Just wondering if I was high or low or just right.
  10. SpeedyGreenInc

Here is a pic of the largest lot which is basically sand!

11. SpeedyGreenInc

Grisi I am north of pulaski... just throw out some numbers on what you would charge for this job....
  12. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

Good Luck to that one for a seasonal price unless you got a loader. I wouldnt drop my plow on a piece of property that size that is all dirt, but if i did it would be at an hourly rate because you never know what that ground condition could turn into. If its frozen prob not bad, if it snows and turns to rain then your prob gonna be plowing slushy mud and then you gotta worry about getting stuck. JMO
  13. SpeedyGreenInc

Our equipment is 2 2007 kamatsu WA320 loaders, 2 2006 f350 pickups, and 1 2008 s300 bobcat with snowblower attachment.
  14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That's 72 acres of plowing with 5 pieces of equipment. You guys are going to be busy.

I don't think the amount of snow is as important as the # of times you will need to plow. You may plow on 1" but there are going to be times when you are pushing a lot more then that.