1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Multiple issues, help!!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JohnPTibbs, Dec 8, 2006.

1. JohnPTibbs

JohnPTibbs Junior Member

Hi there,
    I got a couple problems that I'm hoping to get some help on. First turck 98 chevy 1500 owned by my boss. Last year the head lights were not working one storm, one of the terminals in the miunte mount 1 plug broke off, so I cut the harness and ran a new wire. At the local napa they bought a repair plug, and one of the guys cut this thing in, it seams like he did it correctly, but now when you push down on the stick it pops the 6 amp fuse. Here is the rear weird part, everything else works ok, and if you turn on the headlights the plow will lower without popping the fuse. this problem may not be related to the new plug, this is the first time we have used this season. My second question is on my personnal truck, its a 99 k2500 with a fisher v-plow, the truck has dual batteries, when they installed the plow, they cut off the terminals on what I would call the primary battery, they hacked on these universal napa terminals, the kind thatjust clamps the cable, so they have these huge wires shoved into these little clamps. now my problem is it seams like the lights really dim when i Adjust the plow. Has anyone installed one of these plows and used the positive terminal that is mounted on the engine block.(The connection point for both batteries. Last week the aux. battery boiled, I replaced the battery and it seams ok now. Please help.
  2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

OK first off on your boss's truck did he use the crimps that came with the repair kit? If he did that could be a problem right there. Take it apart and soldier all the connections.Trust me this is a must. More than likely he has a crossed wire in there. One other question. Is it the 2 wire setup? The guy that replaced the wire screwed it up. Tear it apart and soldier it.

As for you truck get rid of those cheap replacement terminals. You can buy a new battery cables. Those cheap napa things are causing to much resistance that is why you fried a battery. Cables should run you about $50. How long ago did they put the plow on? If it wasn't that long ago. Buy the cable and demand they install them. Those replacement terminals are for people that don't know any better and are looking for the easy way out. But get rid of those things. They are the worst
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  3. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

Wire Plugs

First thing to do on the 98 plow is go to your local fisher dealer and purchase part # 22335k and part # 22336k these are 9 pin Fisher repair harness. Follow the instructions and that will take care of your problem. If it were me I would take the truck and plow to your local Fisher Distributor and tell them about your problem, and ask them to service the plow also. You have you truck serviced on a regular basis and so should you have the plow!
    The 99 dual battery problem sounds to me as if your battery connection both positive and negative also need service ( cleaning ) make sure your plow is grounded directly to the BATTERY! Do not ground to the engine, frame, or alternator bracket. The negative connection is just as important as the positive, one will not work without the other