1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

multi use equipment

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowman91, Sep 5, 2012.

1. might be picking up a property with ALOT of sidewalk. looking into equipment that can be used for snow and during landscaping season. any ideas i havent found much. thanks in advance.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well your options are a little limited. Trackless, a small skid, a small tractor , or maybe a plow on a scag mower
  3. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

Checkout Ventrac
  4. just got a quote on one and their expencive. does anyone have any experience with the blowers that attach to zrt
  5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

small skid w/heated cab. (example -bobcat s70 or s100).

I know the newer s100's have 2 speed option....and a joystick controls option if thats what you prefer.
  6. MetroProperties

MetroProperties Junior Member

john deere 1420 front mount
  7. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

I've been lookin in to the ventrac. They are pricey, but for what I'm doing it would be paid for the first yr of the contract. Also been thinking about a small bobcat with a blower for walks like the S70. I think it realy depends on what type of walkways you have. The width and tight turns will limit what you can use on them.
  8. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Walker has a single and a two stage blowers. And a blade put some at tires on it and you are good to go. Walkers 36" single stage will run you about 2,250 no implement hitch need I'd. The 42" two stage is about 2,550 need the implement hitch.