1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mudflaps

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mike Hughes, Dec 17, 2000.

1. Mike Hughes

Mike Hughes Member

Will the installation of mudflaps cause any problems for snow plowing? I have a white truck (2000 Ford F250 SD) and it is forever getting mud splattered up the side.

Just wondering if they will be a hassle with stuff getting built up on them in the winter, or if it will be no big deal...

Thanks,

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Depending on how stiff they are, they may eventually get ripped off by the snow. If you get the flexible ones, they should be alright. They definately do help though...

-Tim

3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Get a quality set of running boards, they'll keep all the slop off the cab anyway. I have lost quite a few mudflaps in the snow. Retraced my steps after the snow was melted and recovered them.

4. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a 99 F350 SD and have had diamond plate running boards on the front and diamond plate mud flaps on the back since new. I have never had any trouble with them. Some ice and stuff tends to build up on the bottom of the running boards. Over all I like the way they work and make the truck look.
    Ray