1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mud flaps

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wirenut, Jan 3, 2009.

1. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

anyone have any of those no drill mud flaps ? do they hold up?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

flaps

husky liner molded flap's are nice ,i got them and they have lasted 8 year's .

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Any Pic's ??? Where do you find them ????

4. 1jbent

1jbent Junior Member

I have a set of four coming from duraflap.com. They are pricy but they are what I wanted. They are custom made by the owner, nice people. I have an '07 F-250 SD.

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

6. Turkey

Turkey Member

I had the molded Ford flaps on mine. Two years of plowing destroyed them. I've now put on Duraflaps, I chose the no drill ones. I ended up adding an extra bolt to each of the front flaps to hold them tighter to the fender while plowing. The back flaps only have one bolt that goes through the wheel well the remaining 2 or 3 are clamps and I'm constantly reinstalling because they come off the wheel well and swing out to the side around the one through bolt. Dennis at Duraflap made me a custom set of flaps with a loop on the bottom. The intention was to put a rubber strap on the loop and connect to the step tubes to hold the flaps from getting pushed forward into the rear of the front tires. I've haven't needed to do this yet even when plowing deeper snow. The Duraflaps are actually truck muflaps cut to shape so they're very durable. They're a little pricey, but I'm of the opinion they're worth it.