1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mud anyone?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Snowbrdr360, May 21, 2007.

1. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Well, we got a little bored friday and decided to do a little field bombing to see how my new tires would do... The Heavy Chevy made it thru everything I could throw at it (within reason of course since I havent lifted it yet)

2. Snowbrdr360

Little work with this

And I'm back to this!

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

What are you planning on doing for a lift?
  4. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

j/w - what's the PSI of that pressure washer? I've been looking at buying one, bought a cheapo 1450psi one on sale at Home Depot, brought it back the next day, my garden hose is more powerful.
  5. Snowbrdr360

Likely a 6" lift with 35" tires, still to be decided as it needs to be able to do some plowing:nod:
  6. Snowbrdr360

Its from Home Cheapo too, 2800 PSI... Gets the job done
  7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

looks good......I I like your truck alot...:nod: :nod:
  8. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

I would think a diesel would be excellent for bogging with all the torque.
  9. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

interesting rims, trying to figure out why they look like they have reflective tape strips on them, what made you go with them?
  10. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Nice pics. That last shot of the emblems with mud on them looks like something Chevy would use for a brochure ad. That pic is awesome.
  11. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

where in wisconsin do you go offroading?? i hear dresser wisconsin is killer for mud and rocks.
  12. Snowbrdr360

Thanks all, a friend of a friend has some land that he opens up to friends for mudding on the weekends... Usualy roll over there with the quad, I try not to beat up on the truck!
  13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like fun. Here is a shot of my truck from this past spring.
  14. blazer91

blazer91 Junior Member
    from Indiana

BAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDD i want you truck its freaking badddddd nice truck thats like my dream truck just wrong color lol and i love the rims
  15. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

My truck has never bin that dirty and I hope never will. That's way to nice of a truck to fling mud, rocks and gravel at!

Diesels are too heavy in the front end for mudding IMO
  16. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

hate to say it :dizzy: but i kind of agree with yaz. i like your truck. it looks cool muddy. but unless its covered under warrantee and you dont care because your trading it in anyway, i wouldnt bring it offroad. unless your babying it in a puddle just to get it muddy. any real off roading with something worth twenty or thrity k. no way. been there done that. learned my lesson. expensive lesson. this is coming from someone with experience ruining many vehicles (mostly trying to cross small rivers). keep yours on the tar and talk your friends into using their trucks. or buy a beater truck and throw lockers, lift, snorkel and winch on it.. that trucks for pulling horse trailers. its to long and big for treacherous terrain and too nice and expensive to dent in the fenders. your lifting the wrong truck. jmo
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  17. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i agree i woulnd do it with my own truck which happenes to be a 06 gmc 2500hd d/a cc sb but to each is own. as long as you had fun who cares. wesport
  18. Snowbrdr360

Yea, I've since bought a mud truck to beat... heres a couple pics of her, its an 84 Chevy Scottsdale, bought it for $1500 as it sits with BRAND NEW 38" tires!!!

19. Snowbrdr360

20. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

much better. hell, i think i like it better than your duramax. go back to beating the duramax. just kidding the scottdale is a truck you dont mind pushing a tree limb or two with and if it has lockers i bet it will go through almost any mud hole.

give us some video feeds of her goin. maybe post em on utube and give us a link

congrats. good decision. nice mud truck.