1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MTD Series Sno-Way problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DansSVT, Dec 18, 2010.

1. DansSVT

DansSVT Junior Member

I have an mtd series snoway plow on my jeep wrangler. Has the wired predator controls. Worked great last year but when stored over the summer the cover on the plow was off. Hooked it up to vehicle this year and wouldn't turn on, all fuses good. Got a new/used receiver on EBay and plow turned on and worked for an hour. Went to use this morning and the10 amp fuse by the solenoid was blown, Seems to have a dead short, All wires are good. Any help would be grateful.
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Clean all the contacts and connections on both the truck and plow lightly applying di-electric grease to all the connections.

Remove each coil from the valve and clean any corrosion that may have developed between the coil and the valve.

Drain the fluids and flush the unit. Use Meyer's hydra-flush to clean and lube all the internal parts and purge any water in the system. After cycling the Flush though the unit a number of times drain and refill with a premium plow fluid.

Change the 12 volt motor solenoid they are not well sealed and will internally corrode crating a much greater amperage demand.

When finished lightly coat the entire unit in Fluid film.

What color are the coils?
  3. DansSVT

DansSVT Junior Member

the coils are red, i changed the fluid and installed dielectric grease the contacts, and replaceds the motor solenoid, that was bad.