1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MTD blower drive not working

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by zkslawn, Jan 15, 2011.

1. zkslawn

zkslawn Junior Member
    from ct

I have an older mtd blower model number 317e760f118.. this storm we had to use it a lot more than usual and now the drive system isn't working correctly. it seems to be jumping. If you kick the track most of the time it will start to go for ft or so than stop again.. i took the bottom plate off and found that this part (see below) is really chewed up so im ordering a new one but i want too see if anyone has any other ideas ??

http://www.milfordpower.com/Genuine-MTD-718-0494-Friction-Wheel-p/718-0494.htm

2. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

Normal wear part, replace and go. It acts as your clutch, friction causes wear.

Also to reduce wear on it make sure not to shift 'gears' while moving under power. It will drag that gear sideways on the drive plate and tear the rubber off.