1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MT Sno-Way mounts

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by donerite9712, Oct 3, 2010.

1. donerite9712

donerite9712 Junior Member

i have mt 7.6 with 3 pin mount will the nose piese work on 04 avalanche 1500
    i also have 01 durango what would be easyer to fit . mount i have is off 02 ford 150
    the nose piece is pretty big and ugly . do i need the nose piese if i refad light harness
    i saw there was a conversion kit any ideal how much. i live london on canada. like the feature of down pressure .What do you guys think
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you fab the vehicle particular mounts the three pin nosepieces are pretty much the same. If you have 99103002/99103001 they are universal if you have a nosepiece included mount you might have to modify the centermember.

Yes you need a nosepiece unless you redesign the lift system.

conversion kits sell for under six hundred (US) dollars but then you HAVE to buy a new mount as the two pin system will not work on your old nosepiece.

Down pressure is the bomb, particularly for backdragging.
  3. donerite9712

donerite9712 Junior Member

the mount i have has the nose piese welded to the centre of the mount , the mount is probaly about six inches deep and with welded bracket on each end it would be about 26 or so inches wide. there are other parts that look like it would mout at rear . I will try to tack pic . where would i find out what the model number any pics on line , Haven't been able to see the one i have on snow way site.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

here is the mount you have

Here is the three pin mount for your Durango

here is the three pin if your Chevy is a 1500

Here is the mount if it is a 2500

if you convert to the new two pin systen it would be

Dodge; No mount for the new system

Chevy 1500