1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mt problems

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by skidster32, Dec 18, 2008.

1. skidster32

skidster32 Member

hey guys im a long time looker first time poster, ok so a couple weeks ago i bent the back of my A frame on my MT, i must have hit something pretty hard to bend it but it was bad. so i take it to my dealer to get fixed, while it was their they find that the welds on the swing arm are cracked about 1/4 of an inch. so i tell them to fix it to while its their (a must). so $500 dollars later i get the plow back and everything is good. this last storm we had i was much more careful running through my accounts no bad tripping or anything, this morning I took my truck and plow to the car wash to wash it off and what do i find the and angle iron in the back of the A frame bent all to hell again. theirs no reason for 3/16 angle iron to just bend like it did, this is where the down pressure cylinder is attached. so i take it out to my dealer again and their saying i have to had hit something extremely hard to bend that again. but like i said i ran through all my accounts with no problems at all. this is the same iron that comes standard on these plows from the manufacturer so they try n sell me on a whole new A frame which i am not doing if this is going to keep happening why would i invest in the same frame? the guys at the dealer are telling me that im the third guy this year thats had the same problem. maybe a design flaw or something i dont know, but i told them im not paying to have it fixed again, and they dont agree. so idk what i should do invest in new or just get it fixed to get me through the year? have any of u guys had the same problem with the mt model?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I seen this a few times, you don't have to hit anything, it happens when stacking. If you are having constant problems I suggest you reinforce the rear cross angle on the aframe with another piece of steel.

3. skidster32

skidster32 Member

thats what i suggested, but he told me we shouldnt do that because that where its designed to break,

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

your manual included a list of the failure yield points designed in to the plow. I do not believe they mention that;). I agree the unit will find the next weak link, my suggestion would be to only support a one foot section in the center then watch it for signs of failure in other locations. Oh and slow down when pushing into the packed and frozen piles:D