1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mt Mounting On A 06 F 150

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by BKFC255, Sep 3, 2008.

1. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

I Just Won A Sw Mt 7.6 ON EBAY, That Came Off A 06 F150 And And Will Being Going Back On A O6 F150. I Was Planing On Doing The Mount Install Myself And Having The Local Dealer Do The Wiring. I Was Reading How To Install The Mount On The Truck And It Said I Had To Notch The Bumper. Do I Have To Cut Into The Chrome Bumper? Or Are They Talking About The Plastic Air Dam On The Bottom? I Dont Care Abot The Air Dam. If I Have To Notch The Bumper Is There A Way I Can Install It With Out Cutting My Bumper. I Will Be Going Out To Pick It Up On Sunday. I Just Bought The Truck With 20000 Miles And Dont Want To Start Hacking Up The Truck

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

don't start cutting in the bumper until time to reinstall. You'll have to trim some of the fashia to allow for the side plates, but wait until you can use the mount as a guide for trimming.

The mount install can be found here
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Subframes/97100934b.pdf

The link to the Snoway (and everybody else) tech manuals can be found @ www.basherandson.com

3. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

You Have To Cut The Steel Bumper Correct?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

no just the fashia

5. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

Okay That Sounds Better. When I Reading The Install It Said You Had To Notch The Bumper And That Did Not Sound Right Thanks For The Info.

6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

nice win! we'll be looking for pics....:waving:

7. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

As Soon As I Can Get It Mounted I Will Have It On Here And I Will Include Pictures Of The Timbrens I Am Going To Put On The Truck Too. Just Another Thought Should I Get The Mount Powder Coated Black Thats On The Truck?

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I wouldn't spend the money on powder coating. Some $.99 spray bomb cans each spring will keep the mount all nice and shiny.

9. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

powder coating would be nice a can of shake n shoot isnt gonna last you would have to put about 20 coats on it to even last a little bit powder is gonna keep it from rusting or if you cant powder coat it take it to your local automotive paint shop and have them shoot it if they spray it., it will last longer then spray paint

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I like a heavy brush coat of rustolum over a coat of pro-15.

11. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

I Can Get The Powder Coat Done For About 50 Clams.