1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MT mount

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by skidster32, Dec 27, 2008.

1. skidster32

skidster32 Member

hey guys, i have an mt mount for sale for a 2003 Chevrolet 2500HD, the mount is about 2 years old. i know they discontinued these mounts as to i had had trouble getting it a few years back. i am asking around $300.00 OBO, if interested send me a pm.

thanks
    rich

2. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

can't pm you, but I'm only in streator and I'm interested in your mount, is it complete?

3. skidster32

skidster32 Member

yes it is complete, spacers and all

4. skidster32

skidster32 Member

i also have the plow and wiring harness available if anyone is interested, id take 700.00 obo for all of it. the only thing the angle iron on the back of the A frame is bent, where the down pressure cylinder is attached. this problem has been fixed once this year, and it happend again almost a week later after it was fixed and my dealer gave me the run around, so i went out and baught a western. again the mount is for a 2003 Chevy 2500HD id like to sell it all together but if not we can work something out.

5. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

lights and everything 7.5 ft or 8 ft?? ill probably take the the whole set up, could be there tomorrow anytime let me know. Can i get a number to call you at? thanks I'm really interested.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You were pushing a MT with a 2500HD?:dizzy: Not a bit of wonder it bent the aframe. what did you replace it with a homesteader?LOL.

7. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

Is this plow with a wireless remote?

If so, Ill take the plow and wiring harness, im sure we can work out a deal... I dont need the mount.... Ill be driving through Bloomington on January 9th - I can pick it up then...

email or PM me.

8. skidster32

skidster32 Member

no the remote isnt wireless shoot me an email if ur still interested twncityskidsteer@hotmail.com.

basher,
    i think snoways are one of the worst plows made on the market. theirs no reason that angle iron should have bent like that, for the second time! a week later? i dont think so. and whats wrong with using a 2500HD? the down pressure is a joke, if the plow is heavy enough u dont need it to me its just another thing to go wrong on this thing. my buddy also had an mt he had problems with every week. then on top of the of the lousy dealer in our area. i think snow way has just lost a couple customers.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Shame a poor dealer left you with a bad impression of a good plow. Hopefully your Western dealer can perform better.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  10. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

I picked up this MT tonight and drove home 100+ miles from Bloomington to Elmhurst. Had to keep the heat on high with the windows open to keep the engine temp down.....

Other then the bent frame - this plow is in nicer shape then mine - most of the powder coating is still on... I never realized how rusty mine looked until i see them both together. Other then that - bent and all - I plowed the driveway with it. I noticed the wired controller seems to respond a little faster then the wireless. Also - his hydraulics are a little faster then mine - he said the dealer just serviced it.... He said his is a 2005 MT - mine is a 2002-2003 MT....
    For a few hundred - it was well worth the trip for sure!

BTW - his truck is HUGE and the new plow he bought is clearly very heavy duty. It should serve him well. It was sad to see someone have a bad sno-way experience - but this was clearly a dealer problem.....

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Or a short arm issue:D, his arms were to short to reach far enough in his pocket for the heavier unit designed for his truck. Why I'd over-plow before installing one to small. When they have problems no one ever remembers they chose the cheaper one.

But it sounds like you made out, good deal!!!

12. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

I moved the "new" plow to the backyard for the rest of the winter today. When looking at them side by side - what his dealer did was cut out the rear most piece of angle-iron where the piston part of the lift/DP ram attaches. They literally cut it at the edges of the A-frame and welded in the whole piece across. Its too cold and snowy to pull out a caliper - but the angle iron they used is clearly not as thick as my stock sno-way piece is...

I do remember him saying he bought this MT from his buddy.... His buddy was running it on a 3/4 ton too....

I suppose I did over react on pointing blame. I guess I was pointing at the dealer - as opposed to it being a Sno-Way (the manufacturer) fault.....

But yeah - for a few hundred - I did pretty good. :D

13. skidster32

skidster32 Member

my arms to short to reach further into my pocket? i was 19 when i baught that plow, its all i could afford. in my opinion snow way is still terrible, even the new mega blades, and the hd plows, and their terribly over priced.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I can excuse youthful mistakes and you've learned not to put a mid weight plow on a full size truck, now learn to use the spell check button.

And if you are replacing it with a Weastern as you have mentioned didn't you learn about 7'6" blades?you need a 8 or 8'6" on that truck. search the site 90% of these guys will tell you 7'6" is not enough width.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  15. skidster32

skidster32 Member

so ur saying 7'6" plows are not big enough to put on a 3/4 ton truck? i cant even begin to tell u how many guys are runnin around my area with 7'6" plows on a 3/4 ton truck, thats only a matter of preference. i did put a 8'0" western on my truck, which i am much happier with, my western dealer switches out atleast 4-5 snow-ways to westerns/fishers a year. snow-ways are becoming a lost cause in my area. not to mention the prices on the snow ways, they are outragious, i paid $4790.00 installed for my western pro plow compared to $5300 for the so called snow way HD plow. then u have the mega blades that run upper $9,000 for the plow u get? thats high way robbery it better come plated in gold, then as a bonus they throw all the problems people are having for free!! have a great day.

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you want to have a discussion stop ranting at me. I get the idea you do not like Snoway, you have every right to your opinion.

As for the 7'6" blade. Do the research most pros carry as much blade as possible on a truck. 9 ft vee blades are a favorite on your truck. I was just pointing out that you could carry more blade improving your efficiency and raising your profitability. But if you're more comfortable with the smaller blade again it's your truck and your decision.