1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MT-90 Cutting Edge on ST-90?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by JeepTJ, Mar 1, 2009.

1. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

Since my ST-90s cutting edge is starting to wear and will need replacing at some point, I was wondering if the MT-90s cutting edge will fit on the ST-90s blade? Are the bolt hole spacings the same? From the parts manual I know the ST's blade is 4 inches high and the MT's is 6 inches. The ST uses 3/8 inch bolts and the MT uses 1/2 inch bolts. I'm also hoping to get an additional 2 inches of moldboard height (20 inches vs 18). The P/N for the ST's steel "wearstrip" is 96102789 and the MT's is 96100237. I don't have a dealer nearby and the closest one said he doesn't work on ST series. :confused:

Thanks, Fran

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Why no STs, not really any differant.:confused::confused:

3. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

They claimed they took on the Sno-Way line AFTER the ST series was discontinued. I called them and tried to get them to look at my cracked A-frame, but they said they weren't trained on them. Lame excuse IMHO therefore they won't be getting any of my business.

Fran

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

PM jhess he is the DSM for that area he'll find you support.

5. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

My 02 tacoma with a ST90 has a mt90 cutting edge on it and it works great, no problems so far(7seasons commercial plowing). I did it for the same reasons you were thinking longer wear time and added height. my Tacoma has a lift and the 2 in extra in the cutting edge let me level the a frame. I had to drill out the holes on the plow they lined up just needed opened up a little.

6. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback CTLL. This is the approach I'm thinking about.

Fran