1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mt 80 ?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by yamahawk125, Jan 10, 2009.

1. yamahawk125

yamahawk125 Junior Member
    from ohio

i have an mt 80 plow the controller worked last year now this year nothing when plugged in the cab or out on the plow. i have power to the selonoid but when i test light inside the plug that comes from the black box for the controller i barely get a light up on my test light any ideas?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check all the grounds. Do the lights on the controller flash when you give a command.

3. yamahawk125

from ohio

no the controller does not light up at all

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Continuity check time. Test all the wires for continuity, could be the ground is broken. your multi meter is required to read incoming voltage as the controller operates on 5 Volts not 12volts.

5. yamahawk125

from ohio

i checked all the grounds and everything was hooked up and tight

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Test the continuity of the harnesses. There could be a broken wire or pin in the harness.

7. yamahawk125

from ohio

thanks basher for steering me in the right direction. there was the black and the white wire touching inside the controller. must have worn through the wire casing over time. hope this is the problem i think it is . thanks again for your help, i will let you know if this works.

8. yamahawk125

from ohio

found onother problem why it would work then not work.the two prong plug that attaches the vehicle to the plow kept coming apart just enough to stop power to the plow. i had dielectric grease on it and it must have had air trapped and kept pulling apart. :gunsfiring: thanks again