1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MSDS sheet for snow removal

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by sn95vert, Aug 12, 2011.

1. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

I am in the process to expand to big commercial account and they would like me to provide an msds sheet for the bidding process. I have never heard of anyone doing this for snow removal nor ever did one myself. How do I go about making a msds sheet? Im tottaly lost and confused.

2. nixray

nixray Senior Member

If I were you get one for your ice melt products, and any chemicals you will be using on the site (Fuel, Hydo' fluid, windshield wash etc).. they may be wanting the MSDS's in case of a spill or collision. As a legit company you should have all of these on file anyway

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I was able to print the MSDS sheets off of the websites of each company I bought products from. In one case I had to email the company and they sent back an attachment that had what I needed. You shouldn't have too much trouble if you just spend a little time on it.

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

They most probably only want the MSDS sheets for the ice melter you intend to use and not all of the chemicals you use in your operation. Like mentioned you could probably download it from your suppliers website or call them.

5. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

The place you bought the salt or the manufacturer should have one

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

7. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Thanks guys I totally forgot to put those in the snow books.