1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mr. Subcontractor

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Frostysnow, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

For those of you that subcontract work out to others. (Their truck, Their Insurance) What % of the revenue do you retain?

2. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Generally, we will retain 30 - 40% or it is not worth the effort. HOWEVER, if we have equipment failures and have the potential to fail a client, I will pay at least 100% to someone I trust to help clear up the lots we are responsible for. I have a reciprocal agreement to help 3 other snow contractors in the event of a problem. I would advise any small to medium sized contractor to have a reliable back up plan.

Snow removal is seldom noticed.

A big white lot at 7:30 am will never be forgotten.

3. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

anyone else?

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have been offered 65% (as a subcontractor) around here with a set route. But, I work full time on an ambulance and when it snows it's hard to get someone to come in for me.
    So I work for an hourly rate and plow when I can and as long as I can.