1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mr. I think you need to buy a plow for that truck!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dr Who, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I am driving around the belt-line heading from one of my lots to another and pass by several small strip "malls". this one perticular lot stood out.
    It is about 1-1.5 acers of parking lot and there was this stake bed truck full of bags of salt/ice melt, no spreader on the truck, no walk beind in sight, but this was not what caugt my attition.

It was the 6 hispanics with shovels, they were clearing the lot with shovels! They had about 1/4 of it done by the time I drove by and I assume they were going to finish it, then throw the deicer down by hand...

"Mr, I think you should invest in a snow plow if you are going to keep up the snow removal, it may be faster then doing it by hand!"

I wish I had a took a picture....
  2. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

This is the time to come..:angry:

And people wonder why they are losing customers..

I better be quite now.................
  3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I saw a small Hotel doing it with 4 people and shovels today. Granted it was 3 inches of the light and fluffy but thats how they were doing it. Crazy.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

good luck to them once they get some wet heavy snow lol
  5. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I bet they are already prepared for more snow, they'll just call up some more cousins.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

7. fastcarz3

fastcarz3 Member

ive seen 3 guys with prob a late 80's dually loaded down with prob 2 or 3 yards of sand almost dragging the bumper on the ground. the driver driving real slow and the 2 guys literally shoveling the sand out the back with shovels in what looked to be a 3 acre or so lot. my arms almost started burning just watching them thank god the light turned green and i proceeded on my way.
  8. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

Used to be called mexican backhoes, now they are mexican snowblowers
  9. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Did they have any mexican dump trucks?

10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

This reminds me of the time I watched a Culvers manager do their parking lot with a 2 stage walk behind snow blower (probably about a 30in width) for 1 whole season. I would always pass by this place at the end of my route to see him about 3/4 of the way done. It always put a smile on my face.