1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mr Hankey's Christmas Deuce!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ConnorExum, Dec 29, 2012.

1. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

LOL, on the first video !, On the second one , I use to drive one when I was in the Marine corp, Fun Truck's to drive !

3. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

Tonight I had it out in the new snow-- 18 plus about 8 more so I would say after compression due to heating from the sun it is about 24-25inches deep. I don't have chains on it yet, but I do have about 4,000lbs of ballast-- it was 16-20mph in this snow no problem. Well that is on the flats it didn't like the hills too much.

4. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

5. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have a winch on that?

7. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

The video clearly shows this truck to be winchless.

8. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

That's unfortunate.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hearbreaking, really.

10. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Good ta see ya connor Nice vids

11. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Any Tatra's or Mogs in the works?

12. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

When in doubt, back-er' out, and try again!

13. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

Well that is what I'm forced to do when I've yet to install my 3 ARB airlockers in the beast. However, I purchased some chains for it. That should help. But still the ARB's will go in it eventually-- once I get the stamina to remove all three axles and rebuild them. Perhaps, I'll have some one else do it.

14. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

I just cannot find the Mog I want... Well there is always time to search. Tatra's are nice too. Big-- maybe too big. But nice. Well built vehicles as well. In the off-roading expedition community they are KINGS for sure perhaps only challenged by MAN. Right now I have no time for a Tatra. Another good truck are the Russian Urals-- they work horses of Siberia. They put new meaning to keep it simple stupid. But they do an amazing job in Siberian oil fields and such. I don't think the design of the truck has really changed since the 1950's. Kraz from the Ukraine are really tough trucks too-- I think they have some nicer features then the Urals-- like cross axle differential locks.