1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MPV won't turn as straight blade

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Gman1200hd, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Gman1200hd

Gman1200hd Member

Hi guys I just recently joined plow site but have been addicted to it for the last to years. My problem is I just hooked up my plow and all functions work expecting when you hit the left or right button only that wing will move in or out but won't turn the blade like a straight blade it is a 2006 western mpv with the 2 plug and 4 port box . The truck is a 2004 f250 6.0 with 345k and climbing ex cab short box with 35's any help would e greatly appreciated thanks gman

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check for ground on S5 when pressing right or ground on S9 when pressing left. There also fuses for these valves under the cover but that should affect a lot more than just those two valves. Can also try adding ground to see if the plow functions properly. Could be bad coils, valves or module.

Bold part is what I don't understand. You press right and right side goes out or in?

3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

There's a coil that controls it. Ours corroded and snapped off

4. Gman1200hd

Gman1200hd Member

Thanks for the help guys I will try that .just to correct a couple of typos its a mvp plow and 3 plug 4 port ISO box . And yes if I have the blade in the straight position and push the right button the right wing will move but the left wing does nothing and the same thing happens if I hit the left button left wing moves but right doesn't. Thank again for the quick response and suggestions

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Ours had a round 10 pin controller. I can't remeber the specifics. But that coil in the pump was on the bottom. Yours may be different

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Disregard everything I posted. That is for fleet flex setup.