1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mpv plus angle or back drag help?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by howardg3, Feb 10, 2011.

1. howardg3

howardg3 Junior Member
    from name

I have 8.6 mvp plus when i back drag (straight blade, the right wing starts to go to scoop position an also if in straight blade and angle blade left to right 3 to 4 time one of the plow half's does not keep up it will be in a scoop position is there an adjustment?

2. slimdairylate

slimdairylate Junior Member

mvp issues

i bought an MVP new in 2000 and sold it before winter was over because of hydraulic cylinder issues. in the scoop position, the wings would fold back under stress and yes, when angled several times, the blade wouldn't stay straight. maybe you could have the cylinder seals replaced to prevent oil backflow.

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Here is the mechanics guide. Download the pdf to your computer.

http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html....com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/27366.00_010107.pdf

Here are some places that you can check for possible problems..

These are the "s" valves that control the "Right" with the "scoop" position
    S5= angle right
    S8= angle right, V, scoop. right extend, right retract
    S10= angle right, V, right retract
    You also have "two" fuses" check them to make sure one of them are not blown..Also there is a check valve and a relief valve (look on page #35 in the PDF)

Have you try another controller (borrow one from a friend), and see if that could be your problem??

Have you done a fluid change recently? If so, did you purge the air out of the system??

If your hitting object while you back blading, the relief valves will come into play.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  4. howardg3

howardg3 Junior Member
    from name

yes i have done a fluid change about 3 weeks ago and when you say controller do you mean the hand held cotroller? it always seems that the right wing goes not keep up with left on if you angle left o right

5. twinman326

Yes, hand held

When you did the fluid change,

A) did you RAISE the plow first?
    OR
    B) Did you swing the plow from left to right?

Did you purge the air out of the system and also check the fluid level??

Did you check anything that was mention in post #3??

6. howardg3

howardg3 Junior Member
    from name

tested a new controller does not make a diff. replace fluid 3 week ago & since there have been over 72 hours of use on plow & I have not check or test the rest of the S valves I will do this week & get back to you.

7. howardg3

howardg3 Junior Member
    from name

sorry forgot other Question; I lift plow & them swing left to right or right to left & then drop plow & back drag. with two back drags the right wing will be in halfway in scoop.

8. twinman326

When you do a fluid change never RAISE the plow first. Swing the plow to the left, wait 60sec, then to the right, wait 60sec, then do the same for the other functions..Then check the fluid again to make sure it is level. After your done checking the fluid level, and making sure there are no leaks. Do the function I mention above THEN RAISE the plow and lower it.. Do all the function again with a 60sec pause between each function. Re-check the fluid level again to make sure you have enough fluid and it is level..

Let us know what happen..

9. howardg3

howardg3 Junior Member
    from name

check my my S5 S8 S10 S11 valves they all look good I replaced all of them because there out why not. Still the same way when you back drag right side wing goes to scoop. what next?

10. posse_99

posse_99 Junior Member

you need new seals in the wing cylinder.

11. howardg3

howardg3 Junior Member
    from name

just replace angle cylinder did not change anything still the same

12. howardg3

howardg3 Junior Member
    from name

replace wing cylinder assy, did not change the wing still goes to scoop when back drag

13. posse_99

posse_99 Junior Member

well, that sucks. no leaks in the hoses either? the pressure has to be going somewhere. i dont know what else it could be.