1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MPG out of your 07 6.0 6spd auto

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by harley hauler, Jan 12, 2008.

1. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Just wondering what everyones getting for fuel mileage.

2. Prof Touch L&L

Prof Touch L&L Member

On my 04 2500 HD 6.0 gets 7.5 mpg with the plow, 10 mpg towing, 12 mpg mixed driving & high 14's highway!!! It sucks!!!

BTW in your signature I see you have a 67 GTO Tripower. What does the tripower stand for?

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

'05 2500 6.0 auto. I've kept track of all fuel used since I bought it new in 10/06 (yes, '05 bought new in '06). I get from high of 14.30 to low of 6.87. This year I started measuring by hours per gallon as a more accuarate measure. I'm finding it gets 0.525 HPG without the plow and low of 0.273 with the plow in wet, heavy snow. Average snow with the plow was 0.484.

4. harley hauler

Ok so I'm not the only one, mine gets 13 on the highway if I'm lucky and any where from 8.9 to 10 flat in the city

5. harley hauler

Pontiac called it tripower mopar called it a six pack, all it is are 3 2 barrell carbs. when they all work properly the produce tremendous power, but if ones out of whack or a jet is hung up you lose alot. Took them off last year put a Edelbrock Alum intake, and a Barry Grant Speed Demon 750. I'ts like night and day

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

My 2000 2500 with the 6.0 and 4.10's gets 12 mpg city and ~16 on the highway. With the plow it gets 8mpg roughly. I have a k&n air filter and a flowmaster exhaust which did help alot

7. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

my 07 is 12-16 city highway

8. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

on a good day i am getting around 14 but that is not pulling anything and having a good tailwind. on a bad day i get between 9 and 10.

9. Prof Touch L&L

Prof Touch L&L Member

I just had the oil changed and put Mobil 1 in, so I will have to see how that helps. I also have a K&N air filter, I didnt see any improvement in milage.

H.H you went from 3 2 barrels to a single 4 barrel? I would think the 2 3's would be tedious to keep in tune. But worth it when you do, like you said. Sounds like a cool car. :cool: