1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MPG on a 2005 F-250 4x4 with 5.4L?????

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Sno ballz, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Sno ballz

Sno ballz Member

I'm considering getting a new truck and am wondering what the HIGHWAY MPG is on a 2005 F-250 4x4 extended cab with a 5.4L?????

Anyone have one ????

Sno ballz
  2. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

An honest 10-11 city and possibly 13 highway. Towing 1500 pound landscape trailer around town 10-11 also. Regardless of what anyone might say, these trucks are thirsty! But ya gotta spend money to make money... :) If diesel fuel weren't so damn expensive a diesel would be the way to fly for a commuter/plow truck that'd get some fuel mileage... :)
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  3. Jto89

Jto89 Member

ya my dad just bought a new diesel and hes getting about 18 highway
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

With the 5.4 you also have 300 horses and it's a dream to drive with a great amount of torque.
    The contractor I work for has one. He gets 12-->13 MPG.
    But he also drags around a big SnowX spreader on the back in the winter and it does very well with that engine.
    My 351 gets 10/11 MPG, but it has a 3 spd auto, no overdrive,less horses.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I've got 1100 miles on my 04 F350 and the MPG has increased greatly. I'm guessing I'm doing 13-14 around town.
  6. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

That sounds right. I LOVE my 5.4L. Tons of power and plenty of torque. I might even prefer it over a diesel for snowplowing.

I do construction also, and I've pulled many of trailers. This thing is a beast. I absolutely love it. I'm looking between 12-14 mpg.