1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MPG for gmc 3500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JML, Aug 4, 2000.

1. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a 2000 GMC 3500 5.7 350 with Automatic Trans and 4.10 rears how many miles should i be getting. The truck is brand new and i have 1200 miles on it already. I am only getting 11 mpg, is this right.. Thanks
  2. pottstim

pottstim Member

That doesn\'t sound too out of line for your truck. Just give it some time for the engine to break in a little more, and the mileage will improve some. At my full time job, I drive a 95 Chevy 3500 automatic with a 14ft box. It, like your truck has the 350 and the 4.10 rear end. I do a lot of stop and start driving with it and only gets 9-10 mpg. It\'ll get around 12 or 13 on the highway. The truck has a ton of drag on it with the box, very unaerodynamic. It weighs 7,200 lbs with no load. Hope this helps you some.

Good Luck,

[Edited by pottstim on 08-13-2000 at 04:09 AM]