1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moving Western V Plow Long Distance - GMC 2500 Duramax

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by stevie fierce, Apr 1, 2011.

1. stevie fierce

stevie fierce Junior Member
    from NH

Hey guys,
    I have to move my Western V Plow from Long Island NY to NH and it's about 350 miles. Do I need to have any real concerns? I have a 2008 GMC 2500HD Duramax with Alison Trans. I've never seen the temps on this truck increase at all with any regular plowing or even any 20 or 30 mile drives. Do I need to be concerned with this long of a trip? Any one ever go this far with their plow?
    I've read a few guys angle their plows all the way right or drop them low to the road to help. This used to be the case with my old 93 F350. 5 minutes of highway driving and that truck would overheat unless the plow was almost scraping the road. Thanks!!!
  2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Put it in the back and haul it up. Easier on the truck, no overheating risk at all and you won't kill your mileage.
  3. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

agree with mayhem. put it in the back. two maybe three guys and some beer you'll get it in there no problem. why are you bringing it up here if you dont mind me asking? coming for some april fools snow? haha
  4. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

Absolutely. Load it in the back. Make sure it's well secured in case someone does something stupid in front of you, and roll care free.
  5. batman53201

batman53201 Junior Member

when i transport my plow 150 miles to my cabin, i attach 2 90 degree heating duct vents to the top of the plow.........it diverts the air to the radiator and i have had no problems overheating.........the first trip i took without mounting the vents, i did overheat.............but for a 300 mile trip, i would have to agree with throwing it in the back