1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Moving Western ultramount from one truck to another

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by RH31379, Sep 7, 2016.

  1. RH31379

    RH31379 Member
    Messages: 32

    Hello All,
    I have a western ultramount on my 99 dodge ram1500. Well my dodge is a typical dodge and has decided to let it self go to the land of rust, teh frame broke behind the rear shackles and I have decided it is not worth putting anymore money into.
    That being said. I came across a 1999 gmc 1500 Z71. I would like to put the plow on there from the dodge. I don't do alot of plowing with the pickup. 99% of my plowing is with my jeep wrangler. I use the truck to move the snow back as needed,so I am not to worried if it can handle it.
    Can anyone direct me on what I need to do the swap? plow frame part number and wiring part number?
    The ultramount is a standard plow about 99/2000 range.

    Thanks in advance.
  2. dieselss

    dieselss PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 10,739

    Western plow match should have all your answers
  3. nealybird

    nealybird Senior Member
    Messages: 700

    so is that 1999 Chevy 1500 a Silverado or a classic '88 body style? there were both available in '99. Also what kind of headlights does it have on the truck? hb3/hb4? If your plow is from 1999 or 2000 I would have thought it would be a unimount. but if it's a really early ultramount from the first year or two, it would have had relay wiring. And relay wiring for a '99 Chevy Silverado type truck is no longer available.
    .... so let's start with which type of '99 Chevy your truck is, which style headlights it has, which kind of wiring your plow is set up for? Then I can help you with part numbers!